This tomato, feta, and kale penne is the perfect weeknight dinner for you and your family! Made with blistered tomatoes, fresh kale, and crumbled Mediterranean feta, this penne is a light, yet tasty meal that everyone will love (even the picky eaters)! If you’re looking for more protein, grill some chicken and add into the mix.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups of packed fresh kale leaves
- 4 and ½ cups of water
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 3 oz of cream cheese, block style
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of crumbled Rock House Creamery Mediterranean Style Feta
- Prepare your ingredients. Cut your cherry tomatoes into halves. Mince your garlic. Crumble your feta by hand.
- In a small bowl, add your halved cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly mix, then set aside.
- Bring 4 and ½ cups of water to a boil in a pot over medium heat. Stir as needed.
- In a separate medium-sized saucepan or skillet, add olive oil and begin to heat.
- Once hot, add your minced garlic and let simmer until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Then, add in your halved cherry tomatoes. Allow them to blister in the pan. Refrain from mixing for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your fresh kale leaves directly into the saucepan with the garlic and tomato mixture. Allow to cook down.
- Add in some pasta water (left over from cooking), the cream cheese, and your pasta into the saucepan. Lower the heat and allow to simmer. You want your cream cheese to be melted before serving.
- Once completely melted and mixed together, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to a bowl, then top with your crumbled feta.
- Serve and enjoy!